Bed & Breakfast Accommodation in Shanklin
Access Statement for The Havelock
Please find outlined below information we hope will ensure you enjoy your stay at The Havelock regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment, or specific learning difficulty.
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone or email.
- Should you require a taxi to us from the train station, they are normally available outside the station, but we would be delighted to book one on your behalf. Taxis suitable for wheelchairs can be arranged on request.
- Directions to The Havelock are available on our website.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- We have 18 car parking spaces, 9 in the rear car park in Alexandra Road, there are 10 steps leading down to the front door, the car park located at the front of the building is on a slight slope, but there are car parking spaces around the front entrance of The Havelock which provide level access and is suitable for a wheelchair.
- We are more than happy to help you with your luggage and will collect it from your car and deliver it to your room if preferred.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- The main entrance and reception are carpeted and are all on one level.
- We do not have a lift for access to 1st and 2nd floor rooms or to the swimming pool.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- Our corridors are well lit and carpeted.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- The bar/lounge is on one level and is accessible from the front entrance of The Havelock.
- There is a wide doorway providing good access for wheelchairs.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
- The breakfast room is carpeted and located on the ground floor with level access from the entrance and reception.
- The outdoor heated swimming pool is located at 1st floor level and access via a walkway and steps.
- The front terrace is located at ground floor level and there is access from the bar/lounge, or from 2 steps from the front car park.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- One single room is available on the ground floor, which has a shower cubicle in the en-suite.
- 11 rooms are available on the 1st floor and a further 10 rooms are located on the 2nd floor, we have a selection of single, double twin and family rooms.
Grounds and Gardens
- The front garden can be accessed either from the bar/lounge or from 2 steps from the front car park, seating is available on the terrace.
- We are able to use the front door in the event of evacuation. The bells will ring and lights will flash continuously if evacuation is needed. If you require assistance for evacuation, please notify us on arrival.
- Medication can be stored in fridges located at The Havelock and would be available on request.
- There are no proposed alterations or adjustments planned.
- Contact Telephone and Email Address.
- We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01983 862747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org